GiveTeens20®, in recognition of women in the field of STEM, will award Femme for STEM, a $5,000 scholarship for the 2016-2017 school year. This award recognizes a female student who:
- attended the in-class GiveTeens20® presentation
- utilized the GT20 two-step method (Know Yourself & Learn)
- conducted research into their chosen field
- has chosen their next step and what is required to achieve it
- completes the GT20 Scholarship application packet entirely
The scholarship will be awarded by the members of the GiveTeens20® Board of Directors and Advisory Board.
One (1) scholarship will be awarded in the amount of $5,000. Applicants must:
- Demonstrate academic performance with a Senior Year (or cumulative) GPA of 2.3 on a 4.0 scale and be in good academic standing
- Be currently enrolled as a full-time student
- Submit completed Application Packet by May 24, 2017 to:
39270 Paseo Padre Parkway #446
Fremont, CA 94538
Completed applications submitted to the address above will include the following:
- Completed Application checklist
- Completed Application information. Please make sure your name is properly spelled the way you want it to appear in the public biographies, photos and video.
- Printed copy of applicant’s assessment test results (through LiveCareer.com link) report. (Copy online report and paste onto a Word document so it is able to be printed out)
- Two letters of reference from individuals such as teachers, counselors, or community leaders, who can attest to your personal strengths and assess your potential for success. One of the letters of reference must be from the academic instructor who brought the GT20 presentation into their classroom where you took part.
- A personal statement regarding the GT20 ‘Know Yourself and Learn’ method and how this unlocked the door to your career direction. The personal statement may be in video format.
- Proof of GPA and Attendance Report
- The scholarship winner will be contacted by GT20 Staff by Monday, June 12th to make filming arrangements for you to give this personal statement on a video that will then be uploaded to the GiveTeens20® website.
Applications for the 2013-2014 academic year are due to the address above by May 24, 2017
For additional information, contact firstname.lastname@example.org
You can download the application form and scholarship details here: