GiveTeens20®, in recognition of women in the field of STEM, will award Femme for STEM, a $5,000 scholarship for the 2017-2018 school year. This award recognizes a female student who:
- attended the in-class GiveTeens20® presentation
- utilized the GT20 two-step method (Know Yourself & Learn)
- explored careers in their chosen field
- has chosen their next step and what is required to achieve it
- completes the GT20 Scholarship application packet entirely
- attends the mandatory class from 10am to 12 noon on Saturday, May 5, 2018 at the GT20 office (7100 Stevenson Blvd., Fremont, CA 94538)
The scholarship will be awarded by the members of the GiveTeens20® Board of Directors and Advisory Board.
One (1) scholarship will be awarded in the amount of $5,000. Applicants must:
- Demonstrate academic performance with a Senior Year (or cumulative) GPA of 2.3 on a 4.0 scale and be in good academic standing
- Be currently enrolled as a full-time student
- Submit completed Application Packet by May 14, 2018 to:
7100 Stevenson Blvd., Suite 108
Fremont, CA 94538
Completed applications submitted to the address above will include the following:
- Completed Application Checklist
- Completed Applicant Information. Please make sure your name is properly spelled the way you want it to appear in the public biographies, photos and video.
- Printed copy of applicant’s assessment test results (through LiveCareer.com link) report. (Copy online report and paste onto a Word document so it is able to be printed out)
- Two letters of reference from individuals such as teachers, counselors, or community leaders, who can attest to your personal strengths and assess your potential for success. One of the letters of reference must be from the academic instructor who brought the GT20 presentation into their classroom where you took part.
- A personal statement regarding the GT20 ‘Know Yourself and Learn’ method and how this unlocked the door to your career direction. The personal statement may be in video format.
- Proof of GPA and Attendance Report
- The scholarship winner will be contacted by GT20 Staff by Monday, June 12th to make filming arrangements for you to give this personal statement on a video that will then be uploaded to the GiveTeens20® website.
Applications for the 2018-2019 academic year are due to the address above by May 14, 2018
For additional information, contact email@example.com
You can download the application form and scholarship details here: